With the extended time this week, projects should be complete by the end of the week.
- Studio day
- Process critiques/start working on artist statements; rough draft due Friday/Google doc (will be shared for peer editing)
WEDNESDAY: SOL schedule - extended 3rd pd.
- Studio day
- Continue process critiques/ add to artist statements
FRIDAY: SOL schedule - extended 5th pd.
- Studio day
- Continue process critiques/review artist statements
HOMEWORK is designed to: 1) allow for exploration, practice, preparation, and application of class content, 2) encourage independent work, time management, and efficiency of work flow (don't procrastinate!), 3) fit within the weekly homework time allotted for this class. Keep these things in mind as you work. Use of a timer is one way to stay on task and to monitor your work time. Please note that your individual needs and work process may result in spending more or less than the suggested average time. Ask for help/use extended lunch as needed; communicate extension requests at least 3-days before a deadline.
- DUE FRIDAY = Rough draft artist statement/Google doc (will be shared for peer editing):
- Share with 1kmosley@gsgis... AND with your assigned partner
- Name, possible titles top/right justified
- Paragraph format - full justification
- 1.5 spacing/standard font
- Use your name in the document title
- DUE May 30 = SB #6.
- If you were absent on 5/18/18, do these TWO warm-ups: Stack 3 small boxes (shoe boxes, etc.). Twist them around so that they are NOT stacked straight on top of one another; challenge yourself to use your linear perspective skills! For the second drawing, you can do another arrangement of boxes OR stack some books in a similar manner. Each drawing should take you 10 minutes (set a timer and draw for the entire time).
- The full # of daily drawings should be complete, including all warm-ups; don't forget to label any extras that you do on your own
- Don't forget to address the following essential questions in your field trip entry:
- What is the content of Tillman's work?
- What connections can you make between her work and what you have been doing throughout the year?
- What aspect of Tillman's subject, composition, content, work & thought processes can you adapt as your own artistic habits?
- DUE EVERY WEEK:
- Check the website; update your agenda accordingly and complete any required preparatory make-up work
- Check your grades on Powerschool - follow up as needed
- This week and next = SOL testing w/modified schedules
- TUESDAY = Art Club (last)
- THURSDAY = NAHS Tie-dye fundraiser @ lunch
- May 28 = Memorial Day holiday - ENJOY THE 3-DAY WEEKEND!!!
- May 31 = Senior Showcase
- June 4/5 = Quiz #4
- June 8 = Senior Show @ Artworks Gallery
- June 11 - 15 = Exams (see schedule below)
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS