- Daily drawing (practice value matching)
- Prepare for field trip on Wednesday
- Continue painting/color matching (not due Friday anymore!)
- Continue Barbara Kruger reading (to attach into SB as part of AS #15)
- Field trip to Visual Arts Center; Susan Iverson's "The Color of NO" exhibit
- As part of your next EXPERIENCE entry in your sketchbook: 1) Watch the video, take notes to document what is most essential about this artist and her process; 2) List the specific connections that you can make between the content presented here and what we have been doing in class (and to art-making in general); 3) Sum up your main take-away re: what can you use moving forward for the mixed media project.
- NOTE: This entry is NOT due on Friday!
- SB check (see HW)
- Continue painting/color matching (not due today)
- Continue Barbara Kruger reading (due next Wed.)
- DUE April 26 = Paint matching (this is a change/adjust your calendar!)
HOMEWORK DEADLINES: Be prepared for weekly SB Checks
- DUE FRIDAY/SB Check:
- OBSERVATION - what have you drawn lately?
- PLANNING - finish #2/start #3 - this will get you one step further to a starting point!
- PLAY #1 - review the directions, take a look at the Creativity resources - have fun, play around with subject/content/media.
- EXPERIENCE - document last week's experience at the Try-me Gallery with a standard entry (heading, notes, sketch w/credit line (you'll need to use their website!), and reflection).
- DUE May 24 = SB #7 (last one!!!!)
- April 22 = Easter Day holiday
- April 24 = Art Club (NAHS applications are due)/Officer elections
- May 1 = Lunchtime Lecture, John Freyer, Associate Professor of Cross Disciplinary Media @ VCU (Social Practice Art)
- May 3 = Figure Drawing Friday
- Weeks of May 6th and 13th = AP testing
- May 8 = NAHS meeting - last one!
- May 17 = Interim
- Weeks of May 20th and 27th = SOL testing/modified schedules
- May 22 = Art Club meeting - last one!
- May 27 = Memorial Day holiday
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS