- Warm up drawing - come in, look for prompt on board, start drawing (today, you will finish your still life drawing for the Art Skills Inventory)
- FINISH Art Skills Inventory critique/reflection
- Set up sketchbooks (SB) - paste in all information, instructions, last week's warm up drawings, and Artists Spotlight (AS) #1 (paper cutter safety training)
- Warm up drawing - come in, look for prompt on board, start drawing IN YOUR SKETCHBOOK!!! # and date your drawing.
- REMEMBER: this is a quiet, unplugged activity; as you will learn, the right brain doesn't need or like left brain stuff, like words! Focus on what the right brain likes - spatial perception!
- Start Still Life
- (if graded by today, store syllabus in your art notebook & syllabus review in your Art Skills Inventory folder)
FRIDAY: Remember, this is an ALL CLASS day
- Start AS #2
- Discussion of AS #1 (HW check)
- Not graded but DUE ASAP, please = There are still many parents who have not yet filled out the Contact Information Form. PLEASE MAKE SURE THEY HAVE SEEN THE "PARENTS" PAGE - thanks!
- Not graded but FOR WED./THURS. - Review SB #1 thoroughly, annotate as needed - start work as you can - come to class with questions (if you don't ask, you won't know....)
- DUE Friday = As part of your sketchbook work, make sure to finish the assigned Artist Spotlight entry from last week
- DUE Oct. 4 = SB #1
- DUE EVERY MONDAY = Check the website at the start of each week; update your agenda accordingly and complete any required preparatory work
- DUE PERIODICALLY = Check Powerschool; it is your responsibility to follow up with make up/late work, questions, or discrepancies in a timely manner
- WED./THURS. = Yearbook pictures - freshmen, sophomores and juniors
- THURSDAY = Lunchtime Lecture #1 in the FORUM on the 3rd floor (this is a change). REMEMBER, THIS IS A REQUIREMENT FOR SB #1!
- THURSDAY = Back to School Night / PTSA 6:30 PM
- PSAT Bubble fest:
- Monday Sept 25th 11:10 - 12:00 Juniors
- Tuesday Sept 26th 11:10 - 12:00 Sophomores
- Wednesday Sept 27th 11:10 - 12:00 Freshmen
- Sept. 26 @ 11:45 - 12:15 = Art Club meeting (meets every 4th Tues.) LOOK FOR THE FLYERS POSTED AROUND SCHOOL - TAKE AND MAKE!
- Oct. 4 = open notes quiz (make sure you have your notebook/sketchbook with you and that you can access your Quia account!)
- Oct. 6 = Fall Festival (it's also a First Friday!)
- Oct. 11 & 13 = PSAT/special schedule, check school calendar for details
Submit your answers as a comment!
PS - These agenda questions can earn you extra credit! They are meant to encourage weekly review of the agenda. You will not be penalized for not commenting BUT I do hope that you ARE checking the website! These extra credit options will not be available weekly, so take advantage of them when you have the chance!
PPS - Only those comments submitted BEFORE the first class of the week AND those that specifically follow the directions/meet the challenge of the given prompt will be approved.