It's time to select and prepare art to hang in the annual Youth Art Month exhibit. This annual exhibit highlights the work of EACH art student while also illustrating the SCOPE of the OVERALL art program. Select 2D work you've done THIS year in order to best represent the content of the ART 2 curriculum
(your ceramics will be displayed elsewhere).
DUE Feb. 28: Put ready-to-hang work in the Art 2 portfolio, write the required info. on the sign up list,
AND submit label info. HERE.
WEDNESDAY: 2 hour delay + Lunchtime Lecture
- Daily drawing
- CONTINUE color & colored pencil - Intro. to Photorealism
- CONTINUE glazing/load kiln (to be fired again by Friday, if possible)
FRIDAY: ODD day
- Artist Spotlight #11 (Discuss #10)
- SB CHECK
- CONTINUE color & colored pencil, glazing, etc.
PROJECT DEADLINES: keep glazing... we will be bringing that project to a close soon but it is hard to know exactly when. Probably next week.
- DUE FRIDAY = SB CHECK (see assignment for details)
- DUE Feb. 28 = YAM work and label (this is a change)
- DUE March 1 = SB #5
- March 15 = deadline to enter the Asian-American Society Art Competition (art deadline is March 29th)
- March 18 = Doodle for Google
- MONDAY/TUESDAY = EVEN DAYS/Early release for students
- WEDNESDAY = Lunchtime Lecture
- FRIDAY = Colossal Clean-Up; an annual NAHS tradition. All Art Club and NAHS members - and those who want to be - should attend. Community service hours are available for those who participate for the full 4 hours.
- Feb. 27 = Art Club meeting @ 11:45am
- Feb. 27 = RAKU FIRING!!!
- March 1 = Interim for Q3
- March 7 = YAMM celebration event and exhibit, 6 - 9 pm
- March 9 = Figure Drawing Friday!
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS