What will you exhibit for Youth Art Month?
This annual exhibit is meant to highlight the work of EACH art student while ALSO illustrating the SCOPE of the OVERALL art program @ Maggie Walker. Select something that you've done THIS year (in class or in your sketchbook) that represents the Art 2 curriculum. Your choice must be made, your work must be matted/ready to hang and your label info. must be submitted by February 22nd (NEXT Friday).
- Artist Spotlight #10 (For Friday's SB CHECK have: heading, thumbnail, credit line, and at least partial notes)
- Discuss YAMM (Youth Art and Music Month) event and exhibit - and procedures to prepare and submit work.
- CONTINUE glazing/load kiln (to be fired by Wednesday)
- Daily drawing
- Introduction to color & colored pencil - start worksheet
- CONTINUE glazing/load kiln (to be fired again by Friday)
- SB CHECK (see assignment for details)(AS #10 includes: heading, thumbnail, credit line, and at least partial notes)
- Work on Maggie Walker mural
PROJECT DEADLINES: keep glazing... we will be bringing that project to a close soon but it is hard to know exactly when.
- DUE FRIDAY 15 = SB CHECK (see assignment for details)(Remember, AS #10 includes: heading, thumbnail, credit line, and at least partial notes)
- DUE February 22 = YAM work and label info. submitted
- DUE February 22 = SB CHECK (see assignment for details)
- DUE March 1 = SB #5
- March 15 = entry form for Asian-American Society Art Competition (the actual art deadline is March 29th)(see info. for details)
- March 18 = Doodle for Google
- WEDNESDAY = NAHS meeting/INDUCTION @ 11:45 am in the Black Box (Art Club members are invited and highly encouraged to attend); Water Fountain Gallery artwork is DUE today!
- WEDNESDAY = Parent/Teacher conferences
- Feb. 18/19 = EVEN DAYS/Early release for students
- Feb. 20 = Lunchtime Lecture
- Feb. 22 = Colossal Clean-Up; an annual NAHS tradition. All Art Club and NAHS members - and those who want to be - should attend. Community service hours are available for those who participate for the full 4 hours.
- Feb. 27 = Art Club meeting @ 11:45am
- Feb. 27 = RAKU FIRING!!!
- March 1 = Interim for Q3
- March 7 = YAMM celebration event and exhibit, 6 - 9 pm
- March 9 = Figure Drawing Friday!
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS