Welcome to Q3/Semester 2; it's time to plan for next year:
1) Art 3 (then Art 4 and for some of you, Art 5)
2) Topics in Digital Media/Graphic Design (then Digital Art)
3) Survey of World Art (VCU - 8 credits)
4) Photography (VCU - 3 credits)
3) Film Studies (VCU - 3 credits)
4) Digital Video or Photojournalism Seminars (for seniors)
PLEASE be vigilant in your PREPARATION by checking the weekly agenda in order to be PROACTIVE and ORGANIZED in your work habits.
- Paste in SB #5 (read for homework - get started ASAP)
- Daily drawing
- Discuss course options
- Review glazing terms, directions, options; CONTINUE glazing/load kiln (to be fired by Wednesday)
- START cleaning/organizing of ALL clay tools and equipment, INCLUDING the clay studio (it needs to look like we were never in there!)
WEDNESDAY: This is the last in-class day to glaze; please use time at lunch to catch up
- Daily drawing
- Review instructions for SB #5 (come with questions)
- CONTINUE glazing/load kiln (to be fired again by Friday)
- CONTINUE cleaning/organizing of ALL clay tools and equipment, INCLUDING the clay studio (it needs to look like we were never in there!)
FRIDAY: Figure Drawing Friday!
- The focus of today's figure drawing will be the use of searching lines to FIRST establish a well-proportioned form. THEN, select contour lines will be added to enhance/refine the form and to suggest details
- DUE WEDNESDAY = Last day to glaze pottery in-class (please use lunch/other times to catch up as needed)
- DUE February 15 = SB CHECK (see assignment for details)
- DUE February 22 = SB CHECK (see assignment for details)
- DUE March 1 = SB #5
- March 18 = Doodle for Google
- FRIDAY = Figure Drawing Friday!
- Feb. 13 = NAHS meeting/INDUCTION (Art Club members are invited); Water Fountain Gallery artwork is DUE today!
- Feb. 13 = Parent/Teacher conferences
- Feb. 18/19 = EVEN DAYS/Early release for students
- Feb. 20 = Lunchtime Lecture
- Feb. 27 = Art Club meeting @ 11:45am
- March 1 = Interim for Q3
- March 7 = YAMM event (Youth Art and Music Month), 6 - 9 pm
- March 9 = Figure Drawing Friday!
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS