ALL Q2 work must be complete/turned in by WEDNESDAY.
- SB #4 DUE/share
- Quiz debrief (once all makeups are complete)
- START self-assessment rubric for BISQUE (DUE @ end of class, Wed.)
- Review glazing terms, directions, and options - START glazing Round 1 chawan
WEDNESDAY: Round 2 bisque-fire is complete (hopefully)
- Review glazing terms, directions, and options - FINISH glazing Round 1 chawan
- Unload kiln of Round 2 bisque/re-load kiln with Round 1 glazed work (check bottoms)
- FINISH self-assessment rubric for BISQUE (DUE @ end of class TODAY)
- ALL Q2 WORK MUST BE COMPLETE/TURNED IN BY TODAY
FRIDAY: First art class of Q3
- CLEAN/ORGANIZE CLAY STUDIO AND ALL CLAY TOOLS/EQUIPMENT
- Continue Maggie Walker mural project
- DUE WEDNESDAY: 1) BISQUE self-assessment; AND 2) Round 1 chawan are painted and ready to be glaze-fired (please note that multiple firings are often necessary to achieve the desired effect... so you may be doing more glazing later)
- DUE MONDAY = SB #4; use the rubric you were given to supplement the review of the directions & expectations and to assure that you have completed all the work with your best efforts & as per the goals of the assignment.
- FRIDAY = Thank a Teacher
- March 18 = Doodle for Google
- WEDNESDAY = ODD day; End Q2 & Semester 1
- Feb. 4 or 6... field trip to Visual Arts Center??... stay tuned
- Feb. 8 = Figure Drawing Friday!
- Feb. 13 = NAHS meeting/INDUCTION (Art Club members are invited); Water Fountain Gallery artwork is DUE today!
- Feb. 13 = Parent/Teacher conferences
- Feb. 18/19 = Early release for students - SPLIT EVEN DAYS
- Feb. 20 = Lunchtime Lecture
- Feb. 27 = Art Club meeting @ 11:45am
- March 1 = Interim for Q3
- March 7 = YAMM event (Youth Art and Music Month), 6 - 9 pm
- March 9 = Figure Drawing Friday!
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS