Ceramic projects must be finished (construction, not glazing) by the end of the week so they can dry over the 3-day weekend. Use class time wisely and work outside of class as needed. YOU CAN STILL THROW ON THE WHEEL!
- PLANNING: Use the provided resources to generate ideas BEFORE coming to class; sketch your ideas so you have a plan that can be effectively discussed with the teacher. Use lunch & other times to work as needed, including opportunities for wheel-throwing.
- CONSTRUCTION: Build larger and more complex forms (lids, handles, etc.).
- FORM: Consider how the form and function of the piece are related (the "season" of the tea bowl, for example).
- DECORATIVE TECHNIQUES: Use multiple methods (incise, excise, impress, appliqué) to create specific textures and/or patterns.
- CRAFT: Maintain equal thickness (1/4" throughout), improve techniques and refinement of surfaces, sturdy - no wobbles - nothing falls apart!
Re-watch this video to remind yourself of the concepts that you are trying to embody in your clay forms and process.
WEDNESDAY: Lunchtime Lecture; Studio day 3 of 4 - come in & get to work!
- AS #9 (surprise!)
- Attach SB CHECK document into your SB (remember to USE the feedback to help complete your work to the best of your ability before the due date)
- Work on NATSUME, MIZUSASHI, and OTHER forms that are in-process
FRIDAY: ODD Day; Studio day 4 of 4 - come in & get to work!
- FINISH ALL clay forms (refine/sign your work); leave on the shelf, loosely bagged, to begin the drying process
- Continue Maggie Walker mural project
- DUE FRIDAY = New greenware forms (so they can dry over the long weekend). YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONTINUE WHEEL-THROWING AND MAY DO SO ON YOUR OWN TIME AS LONG AS YOU CLEAN UP PROPERLY.
- ONGOING = Review current unit of study, vocabulary/processes/handouts, and related deadlines. Use your sketchbook to generate ideas for your various ceramic projects.
- DUE Jan. 28 = SB #4
- WEDNESDAY = Lunchtime Lecture/Kirk O'Brien/Politics in Cartoons (NOTE: NAHS members should consider this as their meeting)
- Jan. 23 = Art Club meeting/CLUB PHOTO, WEAR YOUR T-SHIRT!
- Jan. 25 = Quiz #2
- Jan. 30 = End Q2/Semester 1 (this is a change)
- Feb. 4 or 6... field trip to Visual Arts Center
- March 7 = YAMM event (Youth Art and Music Month), 6 - 9 pm
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS