If you have a CREATE page to mat, please come by at lunch M/W/F to get that done.
To preserve studio time, the practice of in-class daily drawings will be temporarily suspended. Do those drawings on your own!
- PLANNING (see HW): Work fast and smart; you have 2 weeks to work so should have multiple forms in process @ one time. Use the provided resources to generate ideas BEFORE coming to class; sketch your ideas so you have a plan that can be effectively discussed with the teacher. Use lunch & other times to work as needed, including opportunities for wheel-throwing.
- CONSTRUCTION: Build larger and more complex forms (lids, handles, etc.).
- FORM: Consider how the form and function of the piece are related (the "season" of the tea bowl, for example).
- DECORATIVE TECHNIQUES: Use multiple methods (incise, excise, impress, appliqué) to create specific textures and/or patterns.
- CRAFT: Maintain equal thickness (1/4" throughout), improve techniques and refinement of surfaces, sturdy - no wobbles - nothing falls apart!
MONDAY: Studio day 1 of 4 - come in & get set up to work
- Get apron, clay, placemat; prepare 2 spheres of clay, both the same size (like a baseball).
- We will all start a NATSUME container but you should also start other forms as well, including MIZUSASHI
WEDNESDAY: Studio day 2 of 4 - come in & get set up to work
- Get apron, clay, placemat; take your work from the shelf.
- We will all continue the NATSUME container AND you will also continue your other forms, including MIZUSASHI
- Focus on FLANGES
FRIDAY: modified schedule/Pep Rally (30 minute class)
- SB CHECK/Discuss AS #8
- Check moisture level of clay projects - adjust as needed for the weekend
- Continue Maggie Walker mural project
- DUE Jan. 18 = New greenware forms (so they can dry over the long weekend). YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONTINUE WHEEL-THROWING AND MAY DO SO ON YOUR OWN TIME AS LONG AS YOU CLEAN UP PROPERLY.
- ONGOING = Review current unit of study, vocabulary/processes/handouts, and related deadlines. Use your sketchbook to generate new ideas for your various ceramic projects.
- DUE Jan. 11 = SB CHECK
- DUE Jan. 28 = SB #4
- Jan. 16 = Lunchtime Lecture/Kirk O'Brien/Politics in Cartoons (NOTE: NAHS members should consider this as their meeting)
- Jan. 23 = Art Club meeting
- Jan. 25 = Quiz #2
- Jan. 29 = End Q2/Semester 1
- Jan. 30 = student holiday/teacher work day
- Feb. 4 or 6... field trip to Visual Arts Center
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS