Welcome back!!! Here we go again!!!
Warm up: 10 minutes
- Read SB #4 & Goal Sheet and attach both into your SB - questions?
- CAREFULLY refine tiles, prepare for bisque firing, move to kiln
- PREPARE for wheel throwing on Friday
- move potter's wheels from POD
- demonstrate materials & clean up procedures
- review basics
FRIDAY: Odd day = SNOW DAYS!!!
What we were scheduled to do (below) will be made-up next week... In the meantime, you have homework to do,
- None - but...if you get to class early enough, you should work on SB #4 (and this would be a good time to ask questions). Otherwise, we'll get right to work with our guest artist!
- Guest artist, David Camden - wheel throwing demo.
HOMEWORK is designed to: 1) allow for exploration, practice, preparation, and application of class content, 2) encourage independent work, time management, and efficiency of work flow (don't procrastinate!), 3) fit within the weekly homework time allotted for this class. Keep these things in mind as you work. Use of a timer is one way to stay on task and to monitor your work time. Please note that your individual needs and work process may result in spending more or less than the suggested average time. Please ask for help/use extended lunch as needed; communicate extension requests 3-days before a deadline.
- DUE Jan. 10 = Artist Spotlight # 8 (do this on your own)
- DUE Jan. 19 = SB #4 (review & do on your own; come to class with questions if you have them)
- DUE EVERY MONDAY = Check the website at the start of each week; update your agenda accordingly and complete any required preparatory work
- DUE PERIODICALLY = Check Powerschool; it is your responsibility to follow up with make up/late work, questions, or discrepancies in a timely manner
- FRIDAY = Art Club/NAHS pics @ noon (sharp). Wear your t-shirt.
- Jan. 9 = NAHS
- Jan. 12 = Figure Drawing Friday and Pep Rally (modified schedule)
- Jan. 19 = Odd day and Honor Council assembly (modified schedule)
- Jan 23 = Art Club
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS
- Jan. 25th - Periods 2/8
- Jan. 26th - Periods 1/7
- Jan. 29th - Periods 3/5
- Jan. 30th - Periods 4/6
- Jan. 31st - work day for teachers/make-up exams