Last 3 days before break ;-)
Philadelphia trip permission/$ DUE TUES.
If you need to mat your CREATE page, please come by at lunch to do so
- FINISH stoneware/wheel-thrown chawan; load kiln. What does "finished greenware" look like?
- CONTINUE earthenware/hand-built chawan (multiples/will finish tomorrow)
- FOCUS on: shape (function/season of the tea bowl), thickness of walls (1/4" throughout), methods to create texture and/or pattern (incise, excise, impress, appliqué), balance (no wobbles!)>
WEDNESDAY: modified schedule/Holiday concert
- FINISH earthenware/hand-built chawan; refine, sign, leave to dry over the break.
- Take all still lifes down from the wall/out of the class drawer - place them in your portfolio for safe keeping.
- General clean up - check the room, check the class drawer, check your tray
- DUE MONDAY = Stoneware/wheel -thrown chawan/load kiln
- DUE WED. = Earthenware/hand-built chawan (multiples)
- ONGOING = Review current unit of study, vocabulary/processes/handouts, and related deadlines. Use your sketchbook to generate new ideas for your various ceramic projects.
- While there is no homework assigned over the break, you are always welcome to PRACTICE (observational drawing) and to CREATE (be original) on your own, knowing that those efforts will count towards the next sketchbook assignment.
- WEDNESDAY = NAHS/Art Club (holiday party, t-shirt distribution, and art-making for the water fountain gallery)
- Jan. 16 = Lunchtime Lecture/Kirk O'Brien/Politics in Cartoons (NOTE: NAHS members should consider this as their meeting)
- Jan. 19 - 21, 2019 = Art trip to Philadelphia!
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS