Thanksgiving break, Wed. - Friday!!!
DECEMBER 12th CONTEST DEADLINES... are you working on a YAM flag?
- Everyone should meet in the art room promptly @ 12:25 for attendance.
- Those going will bring their sketchbook, pencil(s), and a phone/camera. NOTE: If you are catching a bus at dismissal, you should have all your things ready to go as we will be getting back to school right @ 3:10 pm.
- Those not going will go to a computer lab, the library, etc. to start the field trip assignment. Use the following resources to visit the museum virtually.
PROJECT DEADLINES: These are greenware deadlines:
- DUE Dec. 5th = Wheel-thrown chawan (@ least 1, stoneware, trimmed). Must have time to dry fully to be bisque-fired in time to be glazed in time to be raku-fired on Dec. 17th. ***Try to make more than one (wheel-thrown or hand-built)! Use time outside of class as possible (just clean up after yourself)
- DUE Dec. 19th = Hand-built chawan and other containers, similar to Mizusashi and Natsume, as used in the tea ceremony (multiple, earthenware). Will dry fully over beak, to be bisque-fired upon our return and glazed/fired thereafter. ***Try to make one of each! There WILL be more time to make new forms after the break.
- ONGOING: Read/annotate handouts: 1) What You Need to Know About Clay/Ceramics, and 2) Japanese Aesthetics. Use this information to prepare for & generate ideas for the clay forms you will be making.
- DUE Nov. 28 = SB CHECK. Review assignment carefully. NOTE: this check has been updated to ALSO include the VMFA field trip assignment & AS #7
- DUE Dec. 12 = SB #3 (includes D.C. field trip)
- MONDAY = Field trip to VMFA during 5th & 7th blocks
- WED. - FRI. = Thanksgiving break
- Nov. 26 - 28 = Bob Ross waffle sales during lunch (@ concessions)
- Nov. 28 = Art Club @ 11:45 am - 12:15 pm (work session for YAM flags)
- Nov. 30 = Figure Drawing Friday!
- Dec. 7 = Washington, D.C. field trip
- Dec. 12 = CONTEST DEADLINES - Youth Art Month Flag and Scholastic
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS