No school for students/Tuesday
1. Take responsibility for class preparation and participation by reviewing the agenda at the start of each week.
2. Take responsibility for your personal improvements by following all directions (in class, homework, sketchbook, spoken, written, or otherwise) - and THINKING PAST THEM for unique solutions that APPLY what you have been learning.
3. Take responsibility for managing your time in the way that makes sense for you but that results in slow and steady completion of work with point #2 in mind.
4. Take responsibility for asking questions and seeking help if you need it. Extended lunch time = open art studio....take advantage of this resource!
- Finish critiques/self-assessments
- Final touch ups/completion, based on feedback
- Photograph final work
- Cut mats, prepare for display
- Artist Spotlight #6
- Assign SB #3
- Continue work from from Monday - what doesn't get done in class needs to get done @ lunch & before Friday
- FINISHED DRAWINGS AND COMPLETED RUBRICS MUST BE IN THE CLASS DRAWER BY THE END OF THE DAY, FRIDAY
HOMEWORK is designed to: 1) allow for exploration, practice, and application of class content, 2) encourage independent work, time management, and efficiency of work flow, 3) fit within the weekly homework time allotted for this class. Keep these things in mind as you work. Use of a timer is one way to stay on task and to monitor your work time. Please note that your individual needs and work process may result in spending more or less than the suggested average time. Please ask for help/use extended lunch as needed; extension requests require a 3-day lead.
- DUE MONDAY = Payment and permission form for the D.C. field trip; seats are limited and reserved on a first come/first served basis with collected payment and permission
- DUE Nov. 17 = SB CHECK
- DUE Nov. 27 = SB CHECK
- DUE Dec. 13 = SB #3 + Field Trip assignment
- DUE EVERY MONDAY/TUESDAY = Check the website at the start of each week; update your agenda accordingly and complete any required preparatory work
- DUE PERIODICALLY = Check Powerschool; it is your responsibility to follow up with make up/late work, questions, or discrepancies in a timely manner
- TUESDAY = Student holiday + Parent/Teacher Conferences, 9 am - noon
- Nov. 14 = NAHS @ 11:45 - 12:15
- Nov. 16 = Lunchtime Lecture
- Nov. 28 = Art Club @ 11:45 - 12:15
- Dec. 1 = D.C. Field Trip (7:45 am - 6:30 pm)
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS
- Templates available in the art room
- Deadline is Dec. 12th (unless you need technical help from me, in which case your deadline is Dec. 5th)
- You can use your planning drawings as Daily Drawings for SB #3