- Take FULL responsibility for class preparation and participation by reviewing the agenda at the start of each week. It is there to help you, take advantage of that help.
- Take FULL responsibility for your personal growth by following ALL directions (spoken, written, posted, or otherwise) WHILE THINKING PAST THEM for unique solutions that APPLY what you have been learning. If you are "just completing assignments," then you are missing the point.
- Take FULL responsibility for managing your time. Your work flow and process has to make sense for you but you may need to make adjustments along the way in order to meet deadlines while keeping point #2 in mind. Steady, daily, thoughtful wins the race.
- Take FULL responsibility for asking questions, seeking help, using the resources provided online, and spending time outside of class as needed. Lunch time = open art studio....take advantage of this resource!
OPPORTUNITY IS KNOCKING. Go HERE for information about CONTESTS with December deadlines.
- Daily drawing
- Discuss SB #3 - what questions do you have?
- Learn to cut mats
- Sort figure drawings - put into portfolio
- Clean studio and materials/prepare for clay
WEDNESDAY: see HW
- Daily drawing
- DUE Curiosity page - Art 2/Projects/“Inspiration: Japanese Tea Ceremony.”
- Finish Monday leftovers
- Intro. to clay
- Discuss VMFA field trip
- Finish Wednesday leftovers
- Wheel-thrown chawan (multiple) TBD
- Hand-built chawan and other forms (vessels/containers, etc.) (multiple) TBD
- DUE WEDNESDAY = Curiosity page #1
- DUE Nov. 28 = SB CHECK/review assignment carefully
- DUE Dec. 12 = SB #3 (includes D.C. field trip)
- WEDNESDAY = NAHS @ 11:45 am - 12:15 pm
- Nov. 19 = Field trip to VMFA during 5th AND 7th blocks
- Nov. 21 - 23 = Thanksgiving break
- Nov. 28 = Art Club @ 11:45 am - 12:15 pm
- Nov. 30 = Figure Drawing Friday
- Dec. 7 = Washington, D.C. field trip
- DECEMBER CONTEST DEADLINES - Youth Art Month Flag and Scholastic
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS