- The first days/weeks of school will be spent getting to know one another and the art room, the curriculum, class/school expectations, emergency procedures, your responsibilities as a student, and how you can be successful in this course
- NOTE: You do not need to bring anything to the first class; we will review needed materials and requirements as we go
- Introduction to line and line quality
- Explain Syllabus Review/homework)
- Review syllabus homework, PART 1 - next steps
- Continued from last class - review of syllabus, code of conduct, fire drill and emergency procedures, art room and website navigation, general questions, etc.
- Explain walking field trip/Quia/homework
- Introduce Art Skills Inventory (pre-tests)
- DUE THURSDAY/FRIDAY = Syllabus + Syllabus Review, PART 1. Set a timer, do NOTHING ELSE but the assignment, as directed, for 30 straight minutes; stop when the timer goes off, even if you are not finished
- DUE Sept. 13/14 = Syllabus + Syllabus Review, PART 2 (COMPLETE). Double, triple check that you have done EVERYTHING as directed and that you have DONE IT REALLY WELL, showing evidence of your most thoughtful work
- DUE Sept. 15 = all other class materials, walking field trip form, Quia enrollment (see instructions posted in itslearning) + put ALL Lunchtime Lecture dates on your calendar (see below)
- DUE EVERY MONDAY/TUESDAY = Check the website at the start of each week; update your agenda accordingly and complete any required preparatory work
- over the counter medical form can be printed online from itsLearning (Student Information), or picked up from the clinic. Parents are to return form to the Ms. Bowman (Office 102) along with the medication.
- the Homework Policy is available from itsLearning (Student Information).
- problems with lockers should be referred to Ms. Bowman outside of class time.
- take the online handbook test by 11 pm on 9/17/17
- the handbook is online on itsLearning - you may access the handbook while taking the test
- enter name and 7 digit student ID# when prompted (see Powerschool)
- the "secret word" is “Dragons”
- submit the Code of Conduct signature page through the Parent Portal on Powerschool by Monday 9/11/17
- Sept. 12 = NAHS meeting (meets every 2nd and 4th Tues.)
- Sept. 26 = Art Club meeting (meets every 4th Tues.)
- Sept. 21 = Back to School Night / PTSA 6:30 PM
- Oct. 6 = First Friday & Fall Festival
- Oct. 18 & 20 = PSAT (special schedule, check school calendar)
LUNCHTIME LECTURES: put these dates on your calendar and plan to attend
- Sept. 21
- Nov. 16
- Feb 15
- April 19