NOTE: We are now on a very strict schedule. Plan your time and use lunch/other times as needed to finish your projects on time: 1) Sculptures must be finished by the end of the day on Tuesday (Wed. is the ABSOLUTE latest) (because they need time to dry fully before firing!); 2) There is ONE more painting studio day this week (short class); paintings are officially due on June 4/5 (w/self-assessment rubric).
TUESDAY: SOL schedule - extended 6th pd.
- 6th pd. - the extended time will allow you to finish your sculpture by the end of class TODAY
- 2nd pd. - finish clay
WEDNESDAY: SOL schedule - extended 7th pd.
- 3rd pd. - LAST studio day for painting - work on self-assessment rubric
THURSDAY: SENIOR SHOWCASE
FRIDAY: SOL schedule - extended 8th pd
- 2nd and 6th pds. - LAST studio day for painting
HOMEWORK is designed to: 1) allow for exploration, practice, preparation, and application of class content, 2) encourage independent work, time management, and efficiency of work flow (don't procrastinate!), 3) fit within the weekly homework time allotted for this class. Keep these things in mind as you work. Use of a timer is one way to stay on task and to monitor your work time. Please note that your individual needs and work process may result in spending more or less than the suggested average time. Ask for help/use extended lunch as needed; communicate extension requests at least 3-days before a deadline.
- NONE but you should use your time to start gathering and organizing your notes, in preparation for the quiz next week and for the exam the week after
- DUE EVERY WEEK:
- Check the website; update your agenda accordingly and complete any required preparatory make-up work
- Check your grades on Powerschool - follow up as needed
- MONDAY = Memorial Day holiday - ENJOY THE 3-DAY WEEKEND!!!
- This week = SOL testing w/modified schedules
- THURSDAY = Senior Showcase
- June 4/5 = Quiz #4 (open notes)
- June 8 = Senior Show @ Artworks Gallery
- June 11 - 15 = Exams (see schedule below)
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS
EXAM SCHEDULE: The final exam is cumulative and will take the full 2 hours; you will not be released from the room until the exam time has officially ended. Extra time will be used to clean the art studio.
- Monday, June 11 = Periods 1 & 7
- Tuesday, June 12 = Periods 2 & 8
- Wednesday, June 13 = Periods 3 & 5
- Thursday, June 14 = Period 4 only (early release)
- Friday, June 15 = Period 6 only (early release)