Guest artist, Kirk O'Brien, is coming on Thursday & Friday, for the 1st of 3 visits!
CURIOUS about what you will be doing?..... Click HERE
- Warm up: 10 min.
- Use this time to finalize your final Non-Objective Composition
- Start/continue/review/revise/finish the analysis part of the assignment
- Make sure name/date/class code are written on the back of the mat to indicate which side is "up"
- Class activities:
- Review matting and labeling of the Non-Objective Compositions
- Continue Figure Drawing - review gesture drawing (watch/draw along with video #1) and revisit the tracing of simplified skeletons
- Warm up: 10 min. (or less, we want to get right to work with Kirk)!!!
- SB Check - Share: ______-a-Week #s 3 & 4 + Artist Spotlight #11
- Class activities:
- Guest artist, Kirk O'Brien
HOMEWORK is designed to: 1) allow for exploration, practice, preparation, and application of class content, 2) encourage independent work, time management, and efficiency of work flow (don't procrastinate!), 3) fit within the weekly homework time allotted for this class. Keep these things in mind as you work. Use of a timer is one way to stay on task and to monitor your work time. Please note that your individual needs and work process may result in spending more or less than the suggested average time. Please ask for help/use extended lunch as needed; communicate extension requests 3-days before a deadline.
- DUE THURSDAY/FRIDAY = SB Check/_____-a-Weeks #3 & #4 +Artist Spotlight #11
- DUE Feb. 28/March 1 = develop a cartoon character. Think of a story in which this character can participate. Make sure to consider the 22 Helpful Hints of Storytelling...AND answer Kirk's questions:
- What are they good at? Bad at? What do they like? Dislike?
- Who are their friends? Enemies? (so that you can develop a second character for the first one to interact with)
- What are their tags? (special characteristics that act as identifiers)
- How tall are they? (in head-lengths)
- DUE March 2 = YAM work selected, in designated portfolio, and label info. entered (Google doc link will be posted next week)
- DUE March 2 = SB Check/_____-a-Week #5
- DUE March 9 = SB Check/_____-a-Week #6
- DUE March 30 = SB #5
- DUE EVERY WEEK = Check the website at the start of each week; update your agenda accordingly and complete any required preparatory work
- MONDAY = Presidents' Day/Student holiday/Teacher Staff Development
- THURS./FRI. = Guest artist, cartoonist, Kirk O'Brien (1 of 3 visits)
- Feb. 27 (4th Tuesday) = Art Club @ 11:45 am - 12:15 pm
- March is Youth Art Month (YAM):
- NAHS workshops on EACH Tuesday @ lunch
- The annual YAM exhibit opens on March 14th, from 5 - 7 pm; each Art 1 and 2 student has one piece on display (advanced classes display more work)
- March 19 - 22 = Future Dragon Days
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS